- Mom's Zesty Chicken *
- Heavenly Chipotle Pork Ribs *
- TEXAS-TEXAS Burger-Burger *
- Mexican Meat Loaf *
- TEXAS-TEXAS Shrimp Cocktail *
- Lilo's Central Market Southwest Pizza
- TEXAS-TEXAS Tacos *
* Creative ideas and personal favorites of the TEXAS-TEXAS family
Mom's Zesty Chicken
A great way to add zip to your chicken!
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Chopped onions
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 bottle TEXAS-TEXAS Salsa
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1-1/2 cups Brown rice
- In frying pan, heat 2 tbsps of oil and sauté onion & garlic over medium heat. Remove w/slotted spoon.
- Add 2 tbsps of oil to pan, and then add prepared chicken and brown lightly on both sides.
- Add onions/garlic, water & Salsa to chicken. Bring to a boil & then let simmer for 20 min.
- Prepare rice as directed and serve with Zesty Chicken.
If you desire to impress your friends, schedule a dinner or BBQ and make these ribs. However, following the directions and making NO substitutions is a must. Baby Back Ribs are recommended, but KC Spareribs or Pork Spareribs are also very good.
- 1-2 slabs Pork ribs (Baby Back, Spareribs, or KC Spareribs)
- 1/4-3/4 cup TEXAS-TEXAS Chipotle Steak Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 tbsp. Ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Ground oregano
- 1 tbsp. Ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. Dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- 1/4 cup Cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- To make the marinade, combine the spices, sugars, and salt in a non-reactive bowl and mix thoroughly. Add, the vinegar, water, soy sauce, and Worcestershire to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Cut the slab of ribs in sections so that each section contains about 4-6 ribs. Brush the marinade on the ribs and place in a large container. Pour the remainder of the marinade over the ribs and store in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours.
- After preheating your grill, place the ribs on the grill and sear both sides to a desired crispness. Then, wrap each rib section in tin foil and place back on the grill for 30 minutes. (If you ever wondered how ribs get so juicy that they just fall off the bone, this is how!)
- Warm up the TEXAS-TEXAS Chipotle Steak Sauce. (20 seconds in the microwave will work.)
- Remove the ribs from the grill, apply a liberal amount of sauce on each rib, and serve.
Add a new flair to your old burger.
- 2 pounds 85-90% lean ground beef
- 1/2 bottle TEXAS-TEXAS Chipotle Steak Sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 Yellow onion (optional)
- Mix beef, sauce, and spices together thoroughly and form into patties.
- Grill 10 minutes on one side and flip for an additional 5 minutes. (adjust for desired preference).
- Grill or sauté thinly sliced sweet onions until golden and serve with burgers and additional Steak Sauce.
If you like traditional meat loaf, odds are you will really like Mexican Meat Loaf. Substituting salsa for ketchup will not drastically change the flavor, yet it will make a distinctive difference. Recommended sides are mashed potatoes and corn.
- 1-1/2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup of TEXAS-TEXAS Salsa
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped, or 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- 3 slices bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chiles
- Heat oven to 350° F
- Mix all ingredients using only 1/3 cup of salsa (reserve remaining 2/3 cup of salsa for topping).
- Spread mixture in ungreased loaf pan and spread remaining salsa over top.
- Bake uncovered for 1 to 1-1/4 hours until thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Let stand 5 minutes and serve.
All we can say is WOW! The simple addition of our Chipotle Steak Sauce really kicks it up a notch.
- 1/2 cup or 2 parts TEXAS-TEXAS Chipotle Steak Sauce
- 1/4 cup or 1 part of ketchup
- Mix ingredients and serve (best if chilled).
- 1 Central Market pre-baked pizza crust
- 1 cup Central Market Southwest Pesto
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken (deboned and shredded)
- 1 large Spanish (Red) onion, sliced
- 2 cups or 1 jar of TEXAS-TEXAS Salsa
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In a skillet, sauté onions and peppers in olive oil to a tender crisp. Remove from skillet.
- Add chicken and one cup of salsa to skillet. Simmer for 10 minutes until salsa is absorbed into the chicken. Spread Pesto on pizza crust. Top with chicken and vegetables such as mushrooms, green peppers. Top with additional salsa cheese.
- Bake in oven 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is a light golden color.
A great new way to add a bold flavor to your tacos. You may never make tacos any other way after trying this recipe.
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 12 medium-size taco shells
- 1 jar TEXAS-TEXAS Salsa
- 1 tomato
- 2-4 ounces Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream (optional)
- Cook meat until done and drain grease.
- Add 1 jar of TEXAS-TEXAS Salsa to meat and cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Heat taco shells in oven as directed.
- Add meat, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, and cheese to tacos.